The client is a practice management software specifically designed for door, frame and hardware distributors. A very niche product, the program enables distributors to quickly create job quotes, sales proposals, manage projects, track inventory, create invoices and integrate to their backend accounting software (typically Quickbooks or Sage 50). An MS Windows application, utilizing an SQL database and .NET architecture, SFH was initially launched in 1996 and is now in its 13th version. Development of v.14 is soon to begin and potentially a cloud migration for v.15.
Technical Skills Required
1. VB.NET – minimum 4 years of experience coding in Visual Basic .NET.
2. Visual Studio – minimum 4 years of experience developing within MS Visual Studio environment.
3. SQL – minimum 4 years of experience developing and supporting applications based on an SQL
4. User Interface Design – next version of SFH will freshen the look and feel of the user interface.
Experience UI design with UI Controls preferred.
5. Troubleshoot and software bug fixes – experience in methodically investigating software bugs,
identifying the code fix and completing a thorough test protocol.
• Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
• Passion for problem solving
• Good writing skills – documentation
• Excellent mathematic skills
• Self-motivated and able to stay on task without supervision
• Ability to manage projects, timelines and tasks
• Ability to learn concepts and apply them to other problems
• Flexible – able to shift from one task to another
• Resourcefulness – use of Internet or other resources
• Inquisitive mind
• Education – Bachelor’s degree
A great talent deserves even greater compensation. CoDev provides several benefits that you can enjoy as soon as you join our growing team. We take pride in delighting you with what you deserve.