As an intermediate- to senior-level SQL database developer, you will contribute directly to application development and business teams as an embedded member of cross-functional, Agile development teams. Working alongside the product and development team members, you will support feature development, reporting and data analysis.
Our environment is primarily a Microsoft technology stack including Azure-based SQL Server 2017+, C#, and other .NET data access technologies; however, other platforms and technologies may be used as business needs change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist development teams in the build out of schema and database technologies.
- Ensure use of best practices for data-driven applications within development teams.
- Review and optimize access strategies for application data.
- Enforce database quality standards within the code base.
- Mentor developers and product owners on OLTP and OLAP database patterns.
- Build out and maintain reporting service and integration service applications.
- Support transactional and analytical database efforts in support of the business needs.
- Support architecture team in long-term planning and implementation.
- Support operations and assist with troubleshooting activities as needed.
- Continue to develop skills in database optimization, reporting, data analysis, and other database duties.
- Collaborate with primary team members and leaders within the company to meet company objectives.
- Research and remain current on technical aspect of the position and best practices and incorporate new ideas and technologies as they align with the company goals.
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience as a SQL Server developer
- Recent experience working with SQL Server 2017+ supporting OLTP and OLAP workloads
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL (including advanced Stored Procedure development), SSRS
- Knowledge of SSIS (not currently in use but may have use in the future)
- Demonstrated successes in applying the system engineering process for product specification, design, development, integration, test and delivery.
- An affinity to learning and being able to quickly apply new knowledge for the benefit of our systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to translate complicated technical issues for a non-technical audience.
- Computer Software
- Office Locations
- Work Setup
- Work from home until further notice