This is the first ever CoDev Event Rundown, where we take a look at all of the events and activities happening here at CoDev. April and May 2022 have been pretty busy months for CoDev. Here is what CoDev has been cooking up for its team members:
- April Learning Session with Landon Essig, CoDev CEO – Last April 19 and 20, CoDev CEO Landon Essig gave team members a virtual learning session, “How to Win at Work”. The session focused on tips and skills needed for succeeding at work, which were also applicable outside of work. Discussions during and after the sessions proved to be quite productive, as team members were able to ask specific questions and open up relevant points related to the subject matter.
- April Virtual Dev Meetup: Clean Code Fundamentals – Last April 28 and 29 CoDev held a virtual dev meetup on Clean Code Fundamentals. The meetup was led by CoDev’s 2020 Employee of the Year Bryan Vega, and focused on the importance of clean code and how to have low WTFs/minute on code reviews. The meetup also covered some tips and tricks for an improved coding experience.
- May Virtual Dev Meetup: Introduction to AI – On May 5, CoDev held another virtual dev meetup: Introduction to AI. The speaker was Ralph Jason Caballes, a Senior .NET developer, who focused on what Artificial Intelligence is and how it relates to Machine Learning.
- Mother’s Day Snapshot Contest – CoDev launched its Mother’s Day Snapshot Contest this year with the theme, “Other Than A Mother”. Participants were tasked to send a photo of their moms or themselves as mothers, that feature their roles apart from being moms. Submission of entries was up to May 6, and the winners were announced on May 10. Each of the winners received a cash prize.
- May Learning Session: Stress, Anxiety and Depression: Tips for a Better Well-Being – CoDev’s learning session for the month of May was held last May 17 and 18. The speaker was PRC registered Psychologist, Niel Steve Kintanar who talked about stress, anxiety, and depression, and the different ways to combat these.
- Unchain Your Website with HTMX and Django – CoDev partnered with local Python enthusiast group PizzaPy in organizing “Unchain Your Website with HTMX and Django”, a virtual event held last May 21. The speaker was Earl Lapus, a Python Developer here at CoDev. We hope to have more of these kinds of events with organizations outside of CoDev. For event partnerships, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back for more on the latest events happening here at CoDev! For more information on CoDev Philippines, and to see our latest job opportunities, you can visit careers.codev.com/job-list/. You can also sign up to our monthly newsletter for more awesome career-boosting content!