This is the CoDev Event Rundown, where we list all of the latest events and activities that have happened here at CoDev. Here’s what went down at CoDev last September through October:
- September Virtual Dev Meetup: CRTL+F5 on Agile Testing – On September 7 CoDev had its Virtual Dev Meetup for the month of September titled CRTL+F5 on Agile Testing, where Software QA Engineer Ma. Eve Macasero shared her knowledge and expertise on Agile Testing.
- Drug-free Workplace Program – CoDev in partnership with the City Anti-Drug Abuse Council and PDEA Region XI held the Drug-Free Workplace Program of Zylun Philippines Inc. last September 13. Four topics were discussed during the webinar: Drug Use and Its Consequences, discussed by City Anti-Drug Abuse Council personnel Ronaldo Rivera; the Statistics surrounding Drug Abuse in the Workplace discussed by PDEA Region XI Personnel Iav Hazel Madanao; and the last two topics which were the Salient Provisions of RA 9165 and protocol/guidelines for the conduct of mandatory random drug testing, were discussed by Atty. Noralyn Bernardino-Bañez, PDEA Region XI personnel.
- Pinas Lakas Campaign – On September 17 CoDev partnered with the Cebu City Emergency Operations Center Vaccination Team for the Pinas Lakas Campaign, a booster shot campaign for our team members in Cebu. More than 50 Cebu-based team members and their families stopped by at the Cebu office and got their COVID vaccine booster shots.
- Cebu Office Renovation – Speaking of, those who stopped by the Cebu office got a sneak peak of the changes that were being done to the office, as renovations officially started in September. The unveiling of the new and improved Cebu office was held last October 21 and you can read more about it here. Renovations for the other offices will soon follow.
- September Learning Session: Work-Life Balance in the Post-Pandemic Era – Employee Development and Engagement Specialist Nigele Almocera talked about the importance and methods of maintaining healthy work-life balance in our learning session last September 23.
- Game Day Friday Kickoff – On October 7, we officially kicked off Game Day Friday, where CoDev team members battle it out in fun online games to win prizes. Game Day Friday will be held every month with 3 time slots each so every team member can join according to their availability.
- October Virtual Dev Meetup: Delivering with Docker – NodeJS Developer John Cedrick Domingo shared his knowledge on delivering with Docker to speed up application building, testing, and deployment in the virtual dev meetup last October 12.
- MassKara Festival – CoDev actively participated in the MassKara Festival events in Bacolod this year. We co-presented the MassKara Music Festival and set up our booth at the Bacolod City Government Center from Oct. 15-22, and at Megaworld Upper East on Oct. 16 for the Circuit Race and Motor Show. Booth visitors got to take part in fun activities, snag official swag, and got the chance to win prizes from our raffles.
- CoDev’s New Logo and Colors Unveiled – On October 18 CoDev unveiled its new official logo and brand colors on social media. The new logo and brand colors better reflect what CoDev is all about: making it simple for team members to achieve the career of their dreams.
- October Learning Session: How to Go Further in Life Than You Ever Thought Possible – On October 21 Senior Director of CoDev’s Customer Success Team Mike Hawker gave a learning session on How to Go Further in Life Than You Ever Thought Possible. Mike gave insightful lessons gleaned from personal experience on how to persevere to reach your goals and maximize your potential.
- CoDev’s Spooky Week – CoDev kicked off the spooky season with a Halloween Spooktacular Costume Contest, where participants could submit photos of themselves or family members dressed in their spookiest costumes for a chance to win up to Php3,500. On October 29 CoDev also had a Virtual Halloween activity, where participants played virtual games to win prizes, and witnessed a magic show!
Last October our Utah-based managers were also able to come and visit our Cebu office! Mike Hawker, Senior Director of the Customer Success Team, as well as Product Managers Jessica Boyer and Jared Whaley all came by the Cebu office and were warmly welcomed with a city-wide tour, seemingly never-ending food trips, and a slew of activities. We hope you had fun guys, and see you again soon!
Check back for more on the latest events happening here at CoDev! For more information on CoDev Philippines, and to see our latest job opportunities, you can visit careers.codev.com/job-list/. You can also sign up to our monthly newsletter for more awesome career-boosting content!